Tips for Real Estate Buyers:With 16 years experience listing and selling real estate and also a licensed Professional Real Estate Inspector, you can expect the highest level of service in finding the home of your dreams or any land, investment, or commercial property in the Ark-La-Tex. I do not simply try to sell you a property. I make every effort to make sure you purchase a good investment. Some homes can appear to be the home of your dreams but even a new home can be a lemon. Some older homes can have all the charm you are looking for but can easily turn into money pits. I do my best to point out red flags to help keep you from making an investment mistake. You can always be assured that your transaction, once you find a property, will be handled with professional care and detail to make sure your sale and closing goes as smoothly as possible.
Please follow the following tips to help me be able to help you!
- Shop for your financing first! I can not emphasize this issue more. Mortgage and investment lenders have many programs that are available and everyone's situation is different. If we find the right property, we need to be ready to make an offer before someone else gets the first shot. The type of financing you are able to get has an effect on your ability to compete for a good property. I can not write a competitive offer on a property unless I know what kind of financing arrangements you have made in advance. There is always more to an offer than just price alone. Please call me for more details.
- When shopping for a lender, please use a local lender who knows this area with someone you can talk to face to face! Out of town lenders often delay closings and can even cost you the opportunity to buy the property you want plus all of the money you have spent on appraisals, inspections, etc. I have several lenders I can recommend that can help you and keep your loan and closing costs down.
- Find one good Realtor and stay with them! We all have access to the same properties with the exception of a very few and Realtors work on commission only. They do not get paid to show you homes. If a Realtor finds out that you are working with several Realtors, they know it lowers their chances of making a commission and they will loose the urgency to help you. They will work with someone else who they know will remain loyal to them.
- Work with a Realtor who can update you frequently or automatically when new listings that appear in the MLS system come up for sale. I now have a system that can do that with email. If you do not have email, call me frequently so I can update you. Real estate is a 24/7 business and the reality is that most agents work with more than one client at a time. Let me know if you find a home you want more information on if it does not show up on the shopping parameters you have given me. When you are ready to go shopping please call me and I will make arrangements to show you when you are ready. I keep my phone on all the time. If I miss the call I will call back promptly.
- Last but certainly not least, work with an agent who knows how to write a good contract and one who will follow through with the details. Finding you a home or property is just the beginning of the process! Getting all of the parties to do what they are supposed to do before and after a property is under contract and closed is the biggest and most neglected part of the job. I almost always find a mistake on the closing statement that can cost you hundreds if not thousands of dollars that many agents pay no attention to.
Feel Free to Search the Texarkana MLS system (including addresses) hassle free from several places in this site. You can also choose to be updated by email with the latest properties to hit the market so you can get the first shot at the best properties. Just call or email me with the MLS numbers, street, or listing agent and I can give you full details on any property.
You also get access to many properties that are available only through Gerald Haire Realty that only our team of REALTORS has first hand knowledge to provide for you. A few of our listings are offered exclusively through this office only so call me to find out if we have that particular property that you have not been able to find. I can also recommend quality home builders and help you select the perfect home site from a wide variety of new home developments or that perfect country setting.